Announced call transfer on SIP phones (and Asterisk)

Trying to transfer a call between SIP phones and:

The "XFR" button puts the caller on hold while you then dial a new extension number. OK, good. Once dialed, the line 'goes dead' and the caller is transferred immediately to that extension with a ring tone (bad).

How can you do an "announced" transfer?

And retrieve the caller if the new extension is busy or not answering??

Or how should this work??

Thanks, Martin

Reply to
Martin 53N 1W
Loading thread data ...

Why bad..?

Erm.. how about "I'm transferring you to Mr. X" before pressing the transfer button..?!

Most PBX's should do that automatically. All the ones I've used do anyway.

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

I dont need to but parking works well as a work arround

What the OP means is screened transfer , This is lacking in * at the moment. But they are both hthe same same thing ansd that is telling the person the call is for who the caller is. what you have described is a blind transfer.

The work arround is to park the call then call the peron the call is for and tell them the park No.

• is not like most PBX's in some ways but better in many,

Check the wiki there may be a bounty for screened transfer, perhaps adding soem more money to it will get it done.

Ian

>
Reply to
Ian

This was on the IP2006 phones. The fix was to update the phone's firmware to where the hold + XFR feature is now implemented.

Nice idea (:-))

The sequence is to use 'hold' and then XFR when you have found the target victim. Your present call and the held call are connected together and you get dropped.

Thanks, Martin

Reply to
Martin 53N 1W

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.