x25 rs-232 rs-449

I am setting up an X25 network connection. My x25 link is showing down. (I used Sunlink commands vcstat -L, x25stat and linkstate to show this) I am getting CRC and abort errors continously increasing while physically connected.

The rs-232 serial line from the telco modems to my server tested okay by telco. Perhaps my hsip card is not connected correctly? It is a hydra cable that breaks out the HSIP card from 80-pin to 4 ports of rs-232. Originally the HSIP card with a 80-pin to rs-449 (db-37), but this was replaced by the rs-232 hydra cable.

Any help or comments would be appreciated.

Reply to
Michael Jones
Loading thread data ...

What did you do to reconfigure the card's electrical interface from 449 to 232 ?? Just changing the physical cable is not enough. From what I could Google about the HSIP, RS-232 is not supported on-board, only via external converters. see docs-pdf.sun.com/805-6943-10/805-6943-10.pdf. (assuming this doc is current info)

--reed

Reply to
Reed

Thanks for that reed. Yes the hydra cable I have is from 'Performance Technologies' I am not certain if it is converting from 80-pin HSIP

449 to rs-232c DTE. IE Is it a line converter or do I need to purchase one ? I will be checking with the vendor. That failing I'll place a BOB on the end and verfiy the pinouts are rs-232.
Reply to
Michael Jones

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.