touch tone pad on pulse Ericofon

I have an old Ericofon with pulse dialing. I also have a standalone WECO touch-tone pad (number 35, 8 wire) in a WECO plastic case. I would like to hook this to the line so that when I am using the Ericofon, I can have the touch tone capability available. One very non-elegant approach is to get a network and build a stripped down phone in a separate box with a switch to which the touch tone pad would connect. I am looking for better ideas on how to set this up. Did Western Electric has an approach for doing this? Thanks.

Reply to
Richard Rateick
Loading thread data ...

Since WE didn't make the Ericofon, it will be pretty tough to make a WEco dial fit it.

Try Phoneco

formatting link
for a TT base. It's listed at $50, but I'm not sure that is all you need. The exact link is
formatting link

Carl Navarro

Reply to
Carl Navarro

Actually, I do not want to put the touchtone pad into the Ericofon, but rather simply have it wired up as a standalone device. That is, on the desk will sit the Ericofon and a separate touch-tone base. Thus, it is an electrical circuit problem rather than a mechanical hookup problem. What I want to do is simply have a touch tone pad connected to the line so that it can be used as a tone generator when this is necessary. This could be accomplished by placing another TT phone on my desk, but this is not the best approach.

Reply to
Richard Rateick

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.