Toshiba CTX100 - caller id problem

I purchased a Toshiba CTX 100 with DKT 3010 digital phones. Now the dealer that installed it for me has been having trouble setting up the caller id to work properly. The issue is that when the voice mail/auto attendant picks up, the caller id does not get saved, it's lost forever.

He claims that the system is not designed to save caller id, if I want records of my calls I should get SMDR. What should I do? Is there anything that can fix this with out having to buy just yet SMDR?

Thanks

Reply to
yoelgold
Loading thread data ...

Being the novice that I am I can only relay the little I know.

He set up the system that my phone, the main phone, stores caller id info for all unanswered calls and calls that are answered by my phone, if the call is answered by another phone then I will only be able to look up the caller id on that phone. But when the voice mail answers he tried forwarding the caller id to my main phone but was unsuccessful and doesn't know why it doesn't work

Now I'll speculate that perhaps it's the same problem as not being able to store the caller id in my phone, even if my phone didn't answer the call

any thoughts?

thanks

Reply to
yoelgold

Caller ID is stored on the system in a couple of ways. The line has a owner station and each station has the ability to store up to a hundred records that can be recalled and reviewed. The voice mail also has the ability to play the caller ID source while listening to a message.This sounds odd to me that your dealer is making statement like this. Good luck

Reply to
Steves

Reply to
Steves

Caller ID is sent between the first and second ring. If the auto attendant/voice mail is picking up on the first ring, it will never get to the voice processor.

Reply to
James R. Shaw

In the Strata CTX/CIX when a trunk is set for caller id it does not matter if the auto attendant is set to answer. It automatically waits until the 2nd ring.

Steve.

Reply to
Steves

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.