Wikipedia (was ANI in real time) [Telecom]

For the hell of it, I read the Wikipedia entry on ANI. >
formatting link
> Wikipedia entries often drive me nuts due to their lack of > citations, or citations to secondary sources that themselves > cite no primary sources. > Take this quote, for instance: > Privacy > Because ANI is unrelated to caller ID, the caller's telephone > number and line type are captured by ANI equipment even if > caller ID blocking is activated. The destination telephone > company switching office can relay the originating telephone > number to ANI delivery services subscribers. Toll-free Inward > WATS number subscribers and large companies normally have > access to ANI information, either instantly via installed > equipment, or from a monthly billing statement. Residential > subscribers can obtain access to ANI information through third > party companies that charge for the service. > On my home number, I can subscribe to a third-party service > that will provide me ANI instantly? I had no idea. Due to there > being no source provided, I still don't.

Well, instead of complaining about Wikipedia, why don't you join the effort to improve it? Click on "discussion" at the top of the page and state your case.

Or click "edit" and make your own corrections. If you think a citation is needed but don't know the source yourself, you can add a superscript italic "[citation needed]" after the questionable text. Here's the article that tells you how to do it:

formatting link
Neal McLain

Reply to
Neal McLain
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.