Toshiba Strata DK280: Flexible Key for MW-FLASH now lit: Why?

Our Toshiba Strata DK280 has OS 4.3, and we use DKT-2010 desk sets. We also have SMDI integration of an AVT Call Express for auto attendant and voice mail, and when users have voice mails, those are configured so the lamp next to the MSG key flashes.

One user advises the Flexible Key assigned to MW-FLASH on his desk set is now lit up permanently. A review of Toshiba's SYSTEM OVERVIEW and the INSTALLATION AND MAINTENANCE MANUAL does not reveal why. Of course, the latter is huge, and I could have overloooked it.

Those of you with Strata experience: What could cause this, and (more important), how do I clear it?

Thank you kindly.

Reply to
John Bartley K7AAY
Loading thread data ...

It may be that the phone is using that as a msg waiting lamp. Try dial ICM #409 to see whether that clears it. Or you might try plugging in a display phone to see whether it tells you what station left a msg, and call it back.

Take care, Rich

God bless the USA

Reply to
Rich Piehl

Since you have the manual, check and see what the key is programmed as.

TerryS

>
Reply to
TerryS

Yeah, is it possibly a msg waiting light for a Phantom DN? What is the actulal 3-digit code that is assigned to the button?

Take care, Rich

God bless the USA

together; repeat until you're normal." - KOTH

Reply to
Rich Piehl

TerryS, the Flexible Key is assigned to MW-FLASH As noted above.

-- John Bartley K7AAY USBC/DO PDX OR USA "This is a carburetor," Hank tells his son. "Take it apart, put it back together; repeat until you're normal." - KOTH

Reply to
John Bartley K7AAY telcom admi

Rich, the Msg button (non-flexible) has an LED next to it which we use as the Msg Waiting lamp.

And, {ICM}#409 did not clear the lamp.

The DKT-2010 desk sets is a display phone, and does not show any station leaving a message or callback.

Other ideas?

-- John Bartley K7AAY USBC/DO PDX OR USA "This is a carburetor," Hank tells his son. "Take it apart, put it back together; repeat until you're normal." - KOTH

Reply to
John Bartley K7AAY telcom admi

I just assign that through Toshiba's DKADMIN software, picking the assignment (MW-FLASH) from a pick list in the software running on a serially connected PC.

Page 3-55 (Strata DK280 Installation and Maintenance, Aug '94, Programming, Programming Procedures - Record Sheets) indicates that code should be 499. Is that what you're asking for?

All I need is Flash; the Message Waiting function is handled by the lamp by the dedicated Msg button on the DKT-2010. However, I must have a Flash blutton, and asking my users to jiggle the hookswitch will not be accepted by them. I don't see a code for just Flash; is there one I don't see or which is not documented?

Many thanks.

Reply to
John Bartley K7AAY

BTW, none of the desk sets with this lamp lit have Phantom DNs. There are only two Phantom DNs in the entire system, and none are involved.

And, this keeps growing: I now have five desksets with this lamp lit. None of them use the same line card. Many other stations on the same line card do not have the MW-FLASH lamp lit. Hmmm.

Reply to
John Bartley K7AAY

You may have done this already, but try resetting the phone system to see if the light clears. It may be a random bit that has turned it on.

In the mean time I'll do a little research in my manual, which I don't have here at home.

Take care, Rich

God bless the USA

Reply to
Rich Piehl

Made it go away with the Big Red Switch (well, actually, it's white...) but, what causes such?

Reply to
John Bartley K7AAY

Best guess a random data bit turned it on.

Glad you figured it out.

Take care, Rich

God bless the USA

Reply to
Rich Piehl

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.