PRI Availability Limited

I'm working on securing a local PRI circuit for a client located in Iowa and am running into a few problems. I have checked with numerous service providers who said they were unable to provide a circuit in our area. Speaking with our LEC, they want to charge over $825 per month on a 2 year contract. I checked with another LEC in our area that quoted around $450 per month, but said they could not give us that price because we are not on their network. Is this a common scenario for PRI service to only be offered by one service provider in a given area, and if so, is it common to see pricing as steep as $825 per month? Trying to justify this to management, we could easily stay on POTS lines (since we are not planning on utilizing all 23 channels of the PRI right now).

I've looked at integrated circuits, but we'd like to try to stay away because we heavily rely on our Internet circuit and utilize as much bandwidth as we can get (especially since our remote workers will be utilizing VoIP over the Internet circuit once this new solution is figured out).

Any suggestions would be more than appreciated.

Reply to
KyleAK
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.