Partner ACS Remote Access Trouble

Hello,

I recently helped to install a Partner ACS R6.0 and a 308EC card in a 5 slot carrier. The expansion card wouldn't come up. All that happened was a momentary flicker of the green status light. That being the case we only installed the 308 processor card in the cabinet just to get the system working at the time.

Later I was able to test the 308EC card with a 2 slot connector module and a different processor and it worked fine. Based upon that result, we replaced the 5 slot carrier and the expansion card now lights up and works fine in the original system. However, now there's a problem with remote access into the system. When we originally encountered the problem with the 308EC not coming up, and only used the processor by itself, we were able to access the system locally without any problem. Now, with the new carrier and the same

308EC, which works, we can't access the system. The connection baud rate changes and we never get prompted for the remote access password. If we remove the 308EC, remote access works fine.

With that in mind, it appears that we need to replace the 308EC. But the fact that the card seems, for all intents and purposes, to be working makes me wonder why, or even how, it can be causing the problem. As I understand it, the PCMCIA card provides remote access. It's the modem.

In any event, we're going to replace the 308EC with a new card and see what happens. Does anyone have any thoughts about what may be happening here? Ever encounter something similar? Any suggestions, other than our intended plan to change the card?

Thanks in advance to those who post a reply here.

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Bogiatzidis
Loading thread data ...

Have you gone through the setup process for remote access WITH the 308EC card installed ? The system may have some kind of hardware configuration memory.

Reply to
TerryS

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.