Help required in developing an SMS application in SS7 Protocol

Hii ther,

This is shahrukh, i need an advice from you ppl. i just joined this group. Basically i have to develop an SMS application. It is a beginner level application. and I dont have any experince abt how to write such kind of aplication or Protocol writing. Although I have knowledge abt programming tools but I never came across the situation like this I mean protocol writing. I studied all the programmers manual regarding SS7 and Studied the whole SS7 architecture. but i am not sure where to start or what will be the starting point of my application, what are the inputs exactly. I got the list of almost all the function of each layer in SS7 but dont know how the interact with each other. So, at this point i need help from you ppl if anyone from you guys have experinced such kind of developement pls email me or suggest me any way out. I have to study the behaviour of each layer in SS7. Well I think the missing part is API or SDK's. All the information I got from the web is mostly from Intel site.

Regards,

Shahrukh.

Reply to
Shahrukh
Loading thread data ...

Shahrukh,

Try

formatting link

Reply to
bidulock

hi ther,

I already visited that website, At this stage I have complete knowledge abt SS7 but the prob that i am facing is from programming aspects..... actually I need some sample example code ....Let me explain you more clearly ... actually I need to study the behaviour of each layer in SS7 Architecture e.g. if I have to send one sms how these layers interact with each other, what primitives i have to forward, how each layer talk with the layer above it like if we are considering the scenario of sending an sms. The first layer will gonna interact with my sms is MAP layer then TCAP and after that SCCP and so on ...I have knowledge about each layer, their function but don't know how they interacrt with other....I think missing part is API or SDK, where I can get these.. pls help me to find out those... waitn for your response ..shahrukh

Reply to
Shahrukh

Try Yate sources

formatting link
though not complete as yet but could be good start for you. I also request (and, or expect from) you to contribute some code to yate project.

Yate is a clean and from scratch implementati SS7 support in Yate is a work in proggress and right now there is very few code written. The direction is towards a stable and flexible stack rather than rapid development.

Initially we will have just ISUP call control over E1/T1 lines and then we will add implementations for other protocol stack components so Yate will be usable as SSP, SCP or STP (well, with some performance penalty for going through userspace).

We will support Sangoma A104 cards which have firmware capabilities to support automatic FISU/LSSU repeat. A101 and A102 cards may have problems with equipments that follow the standard strictly as there may be multiple successive flags between messages.

As the hardware access layer is quite thin it will be easy to add new hardware. V35 on Linux supported drivers should pose no problems.

We will also support SIGTRAN in various configurations (peer to peer, signalling gateway, application server) at different layers. This requires kernel support for SCTP (available in Linux kernels 2.6 and recent 2.4). Later we may add support for other SCTP drivers and libraries in Yate's Socket class.

Cheers!

Reply to
Dr Balwinder S Dheeman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.