Adding KX-TD170 to Pana KX 1232 system -- need help

I have installed a KX-TD170 to get 8 more extensions, but I have not been able to get those new extensions to work at all -- phones have blank screens. I found the system setting for what is in each expansion space (1-3), and set that properly, but there must be something else I need to do.

Help is much appreciated.

- Barry snipped-for-privacy@shbinstruments.com

Reply to
bmegdal
Loading thread data ...

It's been a few years since I did this but you might have to reset the

1232 when installing this card. It should be in the installation manual.
Reply to
David Ross

If the TD170 is really in the right space (default is either top space), then they should work.

It should have been installed while the system was powered off, so resetting may not be needed, but try it again anyway. Then check you wiring and be sure the connector is in all the way. Those amphenol connectors can pop out easily. I often put a piece of packing foam or a wad of tissue behind it when I put the cover on it to help keep them in.

lastly, the TD170 card might be bad. (If you are looking for a second hand card that works, let me know, I have a few.)

charles at pattcom.com

Reply to
Charles P.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.