Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Draytek Router Problem - Class C Address Only on LAN Interface?
Now this is really weird ... Set up network Draytek 2600+ as ADSL router connecting to broadband. Local LAN port was given the address of 10.0.0.254 with a netmask of 255.255.0.0. This is because we...

Re: Cell Phone Radiation Dangers
They've brought out this pony for a couple decades now and haven't found anything. Why should we believe this latest scare?

Microsoft Gives First Key Details on New Xbox
In a speech at the Game Developers Conference here, J Allard, the Microsoft executive overseeing the software development tools for the new Xbox, said the new streamlined interface would help draw...

LexisNexis Says 32,000 Profiles Stolen
By Jeffrey Goldfarb and Andy Sullivan LONDON/WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Data broker LexisNexis on Wednesday said that identity thieves have gained access to profiles of 32,000 U.S. citizens, prompting...

otorola Says It Is Working on More iTunes Phones
HANOVER, Germany (Reuters) - Motorola said on Thursday it is working on several mobile phones that are compatible with Apple's iTunes music service and some of which can store eight hours of songs....

Re: Vonage Outage Last Thursday
Maybe creative lying is more of a thing of the past. ;-) So far as I know the wireline LECs still do major generic loads at 200 AM on Saturday morning.

Hollywood Hacking Bill Author Named Dem. Liaison
From Declan's list ---------- Forwarded message ---------- Subject: "Hollywood Hacking Bill" Author Named as Democrat Liaison to Entertainment Industry From: Richard Forno This is beyond absurd....

Re: "Broadcast Flag", was Re: My New DVR From Cable One
So have they given up on the (complicated but fairly robust) encryption/ authentication/key-revocation scheme for digital interconnects that was being bandied about in the beginning? (The actual OTA...

Canadian Security Co's Speak Out Against Anti-circumvention
------ Forwarded Message From: Michael Geist < > Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 17:30:17 -0500 To: Subject: Canadian Security Co's Speak Out Against Anti-circumvention Legislation Dave, A substantial group of...

TiVo Patent Suit Advances on Federal Court Denial of Echostar
ALVISO, Calif., March 9 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- TiVo Inc. (Nasdaq: TIVO), the creator of and a leader in television services for digital video recorders (DVRs), today announced that the federal...

Cell Phones Do Much More Than Make Calls
By MATT MOORE AP Business Writer HANOVER, Germany (AP) -- The mobile phone is a phone no more. The new models unveiled at the CeBIT technology show Wednesday let users do far more than just call a...

Vonage Being Blocked -- Again
Being Blocked -- Again March 9, 2005 Vonage Holdings Corp. said it is investigating a new potential incident of its Voice over IP service being blocked, this time by a cable television company that...

Re: Vonage Outage Last Thursday
Personally, I do most of the maintenance work on my servers during "peak hours" Why? Well, two reasons: 1) My system is redundant enough that users don't notice the outage. 2) If something blows up...

Phone Doesn't Disconnect
Hello. I am having problems with people -- usually telemarketers calling my home. When I hang up the phone, and wait a few seconds, and then pick it up again, they are still on the line. How is this...

Re: Dead Phone at New House, Short Circuits Say SBC!
There is no easy way to find these shorts without special equipment. You will have to trace the lines physically. The most likely culprit is a common point on the wires that serve all three jacks. If...