Re: FCC to Cellcos: Clean up Your Bills and Invoices

"FCC Extends Truth-in-Billing Rules to Wireless Phones; Seeks

> Comment on Additional Measures to Increase Ability of Consumers to > Make Informed Choices ...

I wonder if this will make bills _harder_ to understand.

As a result of all the "fair disclosure" laws, companies now send out whole books in fine print on their numerous policies. They're impossible for a lay person to understand, and they're constantly changing. Overloading someone with detail is an easy way to fraud someone.

Years ago our electric bill was on a postcard. Name, address, KWH hours used, total cost. Now it's several pages of graphs and charts. Our phone bill used to be one small slip of paper -- fixed costs on one side, toll charges on the other. Now it's so thick it requires extra postage -- and I don't even have toll charges! (And it's on double-sided paper too!)

I'm pretty sure it was the PUCs that ordered the breakouts of toll/non-toll and basic/non-basic data blocks. Further, all imposed charges, ie 911, FCC line, should be rolled up in service and equipment; all taxes rolled into one item just as the old days.

Can anyone justify mailing out the Encyclopedia Britannica for a monthly utility bill?

Reply to
hancock4
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.