Verizon FiOS

I have a few qestions about Verizon's new FiOS service. It was recently installed in my neighborhood and I'm thinking about switching over from Comcast.

1. Does Verizon offer Usenet access with their accounts? Comcast only offers a limited amount of bandwidth for Usenet and charges extra if you exceed it.

1. Can I connect without using MSN?

2. I have three computers. Will they charge me extra for the additional IP's? If so, how much?

1. Can I run a personal server? I'd like to be able to host my own home page on it, as well as a message board. What about game servers (quake 3, etc.)?

2. Will they offer cable tv services? I'd like to dump Comcast completely. Will they have video on demand?

1. 15/2 service costs .95 per month. 30/5 costs 9.95 per month. Twice the bandwidth, four times the price. Why such a big jump in price? Can you get two 15/2 packages and join them together (remember shotgun modems? You could have two 56k modems work as one)?

6a. Does the $199.95 package give you the right to run servers? Maybe that's the reason for the big increase?

1. Can FiOS handle higher speeds in the future, or will they need to replace the fiber once again when the next leap in speed comes?

2. Has anyone in this group made the jump from Comcast to FiOS? What do you think so far?

Thanks,

-William Cousert

Reply to
William Cousert
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.