Tell Verizon to bring back FTP [telecom]

formatting link

I just suffered through two hours of "Site Builder". That was after I had to use *Google* to *find* the update page for the site that's associated with my ADSL service!

I'm going to sign the petition, and I think you should, too.

BTW, my verizon.net site is at

formatting link
. Feel free to feedback your criticisms to my horne dot net address.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Horne
Loading thread data ...

No, because the cable providers do not provide static IPs, except at extra cost to "business class" customers. I'm a T-W cable customer, my IP can change whenever my modem reboots which it does every couple of weeks. Maybe my IPv6 address block will be static.

R's, John

***** Moderator's Note *****

In the Boston area, just before my Comcast trial was over, I was getting a "static" IP address which was changed about once a month, for no discernable reason. It was, however, publicly addressable, so I could point my domain names to it using a dynamic DNS service.

Of course, as I wrote before, it was impossible to run any kind of server without using non-standard ports, and a glance at the server logs of a site I visited showed that all outgoing http connections were being diverted through Comcast's proxy servers.

Bill Horne Moderator

Reply to
John Levine

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.