[Telecom] VOIP Technical Support or lack thereof!

Folks,

About six months to a year ago, I switched my VOIP service over to Phone Power.

At first, their service was just great. After several months, I started having quality problems.

They told me they'd need to make some changes on my router. But that came to a halt when they discovered I had a Cisco 871 SOHO router on my home network.

First, they told me get a different router. I told them that Cisco was the best routing hardware on the market and there was no way I was swapping it for another brand.

Now, they are laying it on me to determine what changes need to be made. As I don't currently have a Smartnet contract in place, I don't have any other place to get help.

I told them that if they'd give me the steps to configure it that I'd type them in for them. But they refused to take it any further.

I complained to the salesman that sold me the service (he's an independent sales person who has been on Telecom Digest in the past) and he called them.

In response, they are telling me that I have to resolve this issue with the router.

If it were some off brand router, I'd understand. But when they don't support you when you use top of the line equipment, they are not providing acceptable support IMHO.

All Cisco routers configure the same way. So if they solved it for one customer, they solve it for all.

Were I on their technical support, I'd involve whomever I needed to implement a solution. I wouldn't allow my company to be embarrassed by such low level technical support.

The problems I am having with their service include 'high and dries' when I dial a number (I have to hang up and dial it again and sometimes more than once) and garbled speech at times (people starting to sound a little like Donald Duck while I am on the line).

I've been waiting for a resolution for months. So I guess that unless a solution is found that I'll be moving to another provider.

Regards,

Fred

Reply to
Fred Atkinson
Loading thread data ...

Per Fred Atkinson:

This is spoken as a clueless noob.

Having said that, my experience with CallCentric.com has been good so far.

- Good support for my gateway's setup on their web pages.

- Prompt response to a request for them to spoof my landline CallerID.

- Very convenient auto-refresh of prepaid minutes.

Now that I've written this, service will probably go South tomorrow..... but right now and over the past several months, it's been all I could ask for.

Reply to
Pete Cresswell

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.