Re: Wrong Time Shown in Vonage Caller ID

I have a Vonage (Canada) VoIP number and I'm wondering if anyone else

> is experiencing this problem. > I'm using an Aastra 392 (aka a Nortel Vista 392 screen phone) 2 line > phone. Line one is on Bell Canada in the 905-282-XXXX exchange. Line > 2 is Vonage Canada through the Linksys PSP2 adapter in the 416-628-XXXX > exchange. > The problem is that the phone with reset the display clock to conform > with the last Caller ID information available. Bell Canada is sending > the correct time (Eastern Daylight Time) on inbound calls, but Vonage > is sending Eastern Standard Time. So whenever I receive a call on > Vonage, my screen phone resets itself to EST, when we are currently in > EDT, and the clock is then 1 hour slow until the next call comes in on > Bell Canada to put it back into EDT. > Theoretically this problem will disappear when we go back to EST in > the fall, but is there a way to get Vonage to update their clock > before then?

Have you considered *ASKING*VONAGE* ??

Or is that too simple and obvious an approach?

As an extreme solution, you could put in an Asterisk PBX, and let it 'rw-write' the caller-id timestamp.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.