Re: Vonage Problem

Vonage has been of no help with this issue.

> I have not enabled 'call forwarding' in many months. > My broadband was down during a storm last week, and I was therefore > unable to use my Vonage phone. > When I came back on line, I received a call from a friend who told me > that during the outage, instead of going to voicemail, my calls had > been forwarded to another number, and the other party was getting > pretty upset about getting all my calls. > I went to the Vonage website, and saw that in the 'Activity' portion > of my account, 7 calls had been forwarded to this other number. I > recognized that number as a cell phone number I no longer have. > When I signed up with Vonage, I included that number as an alternate. > But now, of course, I don't have that number. Regardless, none of my > calls should have been forwarded, as the forwarding option was disabled. > The 'call forwarding' page confirmed that the 'call forwarding' option > was disabled, and yet I still had calls forwarded to a number that I > did not authorize. > I was able to delete the old number in my 'profile', BUT it remained > (and remains) in the 'call forwarding page, as the number to forward > to. I tried to delete it and enter another forwarding number to, but > still the 'old number' reappears when the page is reloaded. > I called Vonage and was advised that 'call forwarding' was disabled on > my account and not to worry. I told them I knew that it was disabled, > because I never enabled it, and why were my calls being forwarded just > because my network was down? I then told Vonage I was unable to > delete that number from the 'call forwarding' screen. The tech was > surprised he could not delete it either, and after holding for 10 > minutes, I was advised that the number could not be deleted, and my > call forwarding option was permanently disabled. > Unsatisfied, I sent an email explaining all this and why am I paying > for services I am not receiving, should I ever need them? I got a > canned reply and am looking for other means of resolution. Any > suggestions? > Thanks. > [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: There is the 'call forwarding' option > as you know, but there is also an option (I think it is called) > 'Network Forwarding' and the explanation given for this is "what > should we do with your calls when the network is down?" and where > 'call forwarding' is the routine thing, 'network forwarding' is > intended for when Vonage _is unable to see you_ for whatever reason. > If Vonage is unable to complete the call on its own network to you > (to ultimatly get forwarded on, etc) then what do you want them to > do? Look for an option entitled 'network forwarding' and although I > do not think it allows itself to be completely erased, it does allow > editing which is probably what you would want to do anyway. See if > that makes a difference. PAT]

If you think you have trouble with their service, try cancelling their account.

1) You would have to find the account cancellation number from a customer service rep. 2) Then you would have to wait for over half hour, sometimes the phone disconnects after a long wait. 3) Then you have to pay a cancellation fee, cannot be waived, period.

They have made all efforts to keep the cancellation fee part hidden and the cancellation process itself very very painful.

I would never recommend a company like this to anyone.

Reply to
AndyP
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.