Re: Verizon selling off phone lines [telecom]

I guess I'm just not very good at interpreting this stuff, but what I can't figure out is what happens to the FIOS installations in the areas that Verizon is selling to Frontier? In most of the FIOS installations the landline was converted to VOIP over the fiber connection, and the copper was pulled.

Does Frontier get the FIOS business in these areas? Does Verizon keep FIOS TV/Internet and Frontier get the phones? Does Verizon keep FIOS and compete with Frontier for local phone service?

john-

Reply to
John Meissen
Loading thread data ...

(MCI), Verizon Wireless; selling the services to Frontier, as to FIOS I have heard both, that they will sell it to Frontier and also run and service it for them, I'm wondering how since the equipment is in the CO's except for the hubs and those are toll centers and they are keeping the LD. I guess that will come out soon.

Reply to
Steven Lichter

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.