Re: Verizon POTS

Joe wrote:

>> I get a dial tone. However, when I dial a number, I get a message >> saying to call Verizon if I want telephone service. > That's known as soft dial tone. You can call 911 (and maybe the > telco's business office), but nothing else. It's required in many > places, for emergency situations. It also lets you know that the > phone line is electrically connected to the CO.

Didn't know that Verizon still had soft dial tone in places, but if that's what it is, then you've got completely wired service already in place. No inside central office wiring to do, no outside or customer location wiring needed, so the only thing is to update all the provisioning and billing databases and set the central office switch to show the new service, all done with software. Should take no more than a couple of hours, max.

Michael Chance

Reply to
Michael Chance
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.