Re: Verizon Plans to Offer Naked DSL on 4/5 of Wirelines

> As to the CLEC settlement rules, the Bells didn't write them; the FCC

>> initially gave the CLECs what they asked for, but when it turned out >> the CLECs had played the FCC for a fool and were engaging in >> gamesmanship (e.g., signing up ISPs with no outgoing minutes and >> massive incoming minutes), it reversed course as to their internet >> terminations. > That's an outright lie. In 1996, the early CLECs (mostly the big > IXCs) asked for Bill and Keep. It was Mr. Sullivan's Bell Atlantic > Corporation that filed a now-famous statement with the FCC calling it > "bilk and keep". Here's the direct quote, as I used it in Chapter 9 > of Meltdown:

I was in error, as I admitted to Fred Goldstein in another posting. And I am not an employee of or attorney for Bell Atlantic or Verizon. I do some work for Verizon Wireless on wireless issues. I had no involvement whatsoever (for Bell Atlantic, Verizon, Verizon Wireless, or anyone else) in the establishment of reciprocal compensation rates.

Michael D. Sullivan Bethesda, MD, USA Replace "example.invalid" with ".com".

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: If I were rude, crude, lewd and obnoxious, this mesage would have been titled "Lawyer/Mouthpiece For Bell Atlantic/Verizon Gets 'Outed' and Exposed" but I am not rude, crude, lewd or obnoxious so I did not change the subject line. Anyway, Mr. Sullivan has been helpful to the Digest in a couple instances so my inclination is to say thanks to him for help rendered in the past; most recently the Norvergence scandal. PAT]
Reply to
Michael D. Sullivan
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.