Re: Urgent Help Needed With Internet Explorer IE 6.0

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 18:38:29 GMT, Paul W. Schleck wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@telecom-digest.org:

Pat, > I recall that one, or both, of these free Microsoft tools > has an option to return your copy of Internet Explorer to > its original factory settings: > Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer: >
formatting link
x > Microsoft Anti-Spyware (Beta) >
formatting link
fault.mspx > The second tool installs itself as a startup utility, and > runs periodically to check for spyware, so make sure that > that's what you want. The current versions of both of > these tools may also require that you do Microsoft's > confirmation that you have a licensed copy of XP, so make > sure that you're comfortable with that, also. > I recall you mentioning using Spybot Search and Destroy, so > I'll assume you have run the current version already (in > Windows "Safe Mode" and from read-only media if you want to > be absolutely sure). > Paul W. Schleck > snipped-for-privacy@novia.net >
formatting link
Finger snipped-for-privacy@novia.net for PGP Public Key

I think I would be inclined to try this one: Microsoft® Windows® Malicious Software Removal Tool (KB890830) Here's a pointer to it:

formatting link
Your caveats still apply.

Flatus

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: That 'malicious software removal tool was quite helpful also. Thanks for the mention of it. PAT]
Reply to
Flatus Ohlfahrt
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.