Re: Troubles With Computers' Daylight Shift

Few woes mark computers' daylight shift

> By BRIAN BERGSTEIN, AP Technology Writer > Mon Mar 12, 4:27 PM ET > > This weekend's early switch to daylight-saving time was billed as a > little re-enactment of the Y2K computer problem at the turn of the > millennium. And as it happened, the daylight bug appeared to have > equally minor results.

Where I work the "big brother" machines (XP) didn't switch to DST so I figured I would wait a few days to see if they would do anything to resolve the issue. Gave up today and gave them a buzz and was told to leave the machines on overnight for the patch to be applied. Then I was told "hold on a sec" and then it would be done within 30 minutes, then I was yet again told "to hold on a sec" and was informed that a tech had to come down and do it manually. Only 3 computers in my area, wonder what they are doing with the other 4,000 or so scattered across Chicago LOL.

And before you ask -- no, we aren't allowed to change the computers time -- us lowly users weren't assigned the rights to do so.

Reply to
Duh_OZ
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.