Re: Question About NXX Exchange Numbers: Are They Geographic Areas?

>> I work for a non-profit which is just about to conduct a telephone

>> survey of rental households in Los Angeles, and we are seeking maps >> (or mapable information) about telephone numbers. When we call renters >> (as well as smaller sample of apartment owners), we want to know if >> they fall in the City of Los Angeles or an adjacent community. > How would you know if a household is rental, boarder, or homeowner? > I must point out that although your project is legal in the U.S., > these surveys, which I seem to be bombarded with at home, are a > nuisance. Some households have ill people and such phone calls > represent an unnecessary disturbance and hardship on such people. It > certainly was to my family. I had to rip out my mother's phone line -- > and cut off my telephone contact with her -- as a result of such calls.

As a consequence, many people feed invalid information into such surveys. Therefore, the results gathered in this way are extremely suspect.

--scott

"C'est un Nagra. C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."

Reply to
Scott Dorsey
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.