Re: Spam Mentioning "242 W. 36th St"

You may wish to search the BODY of your incoming spam for

> "242 W. 36th St" > My wife has been getting spam every day saying: "To stop all future > mailings, follow the link below or send your email address to: > Member Services 242 W. 36th St,12th floor > New York, NY 10018 (866) 872-6022" > She sent me with her Email address to 242 W. 36th St,12th floor New > York, NY. I went last week. It is an unrelated business there. They > know nothing about spam. Business there is in TV production > company. I called (866) 872-6022 and only an answering machine > answers. I asked that they give correct address in their out-going > message.

Spammers lie.

You called their answering machine, and you left a message, which NOW means you're going to be put on a bunch of sucker mailing lists as well.

If they put their correct address in, PEOPLE WOULD COMPLAIN. They do not want that. They are spammers.

Could I perhaps be mis-dialing? Could others please call and ask that > correct address be put in their out-going message? To avoid your > private phone number being harvested, I recommend that you too call > from a payphone.

Of course they don't give correct identification information. Would you expect muggers and rapists to give correct identification?

--scott

"C'est un Nagra. C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."

Reply to
Scott Dorsey
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.