Re: Please critique the new online version of the Telecom Digest [telecom]

I'm going to ask that you take pictures of the Pixel screen, with various parts of the Telecom DIgest page visible, so that we can get a better understanding of the situation. I'll publish the images at the T-D website.

I'll also ask that anyone with web design expertise volunteer their services to help with these goals:

1. Adjust page width and height and proportions to more clearly show the online copy of the Digest when users visit it, depending on the screen resolution available to each viewer.
  2. Find the best compromise between the current text layout, which is simply a copy of the line lengths shown in each individual TD post, and HTML, css, or other options to automatically improve on it.
  3. Automate the "markup" of each day's online digest version, by using a copy of the daily digest and tools such as sed or awk.

Thanks for any help you have time to provide: I hope we'll get a better publication and make daily tasks easier by working together.

Bill Horne

P.S. The latest example of the online digest is at

formatting link

Reply to
Bill Horne
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.