26%of this Verizon Communications Inc. insider's holdings were sold in the last year [telecom]

Insiders were net sellers of Verizon Communications Inc.'s stock during the past year. That is, insiders sold more stock than they bought.

Although we don't think shareholders should simply follow insider transactions, logic dictates you should pay some attention to whether insiders are buying or selling shares.

formatting link

Reply to
Bill Horne
Loading thread data ...

The above post went out to the Digest's subscribers yesterday, and I'm replying to the copy that was in my "sent" file. In other words, the above is, AFAIK, exactly(1) what the Digest's readers saw yesterday if their subscription options are set to receive individual copies of posts, or if they read the Digest via Usenet group comp.dcom.telecom .

The "digest" version of this post went out this morning, at 10:30 UTC, and I get a copy of the "digest" version via email (just like other "digest" subscribers) and format it with HTML to show to those whom read our "online" version, which is at

formatting link

That, as we used to say, is when the plot thickened.

When I prepare the online version each day, I check URL's which extend across a line-break, since different web servers handle embedded "continued on next line" or "end-of-line" characters differently. I copied the URL into my browser, took out the backslash "\" my email client shows when a URL is wrapped to the next line, and got a "404" error, i.e., the response from the simplywall.st server was that the page did not exist.

When that happens, I do a Google search for a key phase from the post, limited to the site in question: this time, I seached for

"Verizon Communications Inc. insider" site:simplywall.st

followed by a search for

"26% of this Verizon" (no 'site' modifier)

- and I got a "did not match any documents" error, both times.

I tried a couple of other key phrases, with the same "did not match..." result, and then I did a search on Yahoo, which produced the URL shown below, and /that/ URL led to the original post.

Now, I need your help to answer some questions from the engineering side of my brain. I'll put both URLs right here, the one I sent above the one I found at Yahoo, so you can compare them more easily:

formatting link
Here are my questions: all help appreciated.

1. Why would the URL I looked at yesterday go offline, and a new one appear, except only on Yahoo? I can't think of any reason that it would have changed from the version I published to the one I found at Yahoo: I copied the original from my browser's address bar when I read the article and decided to cite it in the Digest, and I don't think I omitted or added anything myself: it's just a copy/paste without any manual typing.

1. What caused the search at Google to fail, while the one at Yahoo succeeded? Does Google have special formatting rules for searches like mine?

2. Is this something that belongs in the "Mysteries Of The Internet" box? I know stuff happens, but I am /really/ puzzled by this one.

Thank you for your time.

Bill Horne, Moderator

1. The SYMPA server at John Levine's site adds a "thank you" line to copies which go to email subscribers, which I put in there myself. Thanks, John!
Reply to
Bill Horne

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.