Re: Nextel False Advertising

In re Nextel coverage. We use it heavily for corporate use, but are thinking of switching to Verizon, since on weekends, coverage to where people are further out in the countryside (even here in the Washington, DC area) is marginal for Nextel. People carry their corporate cell phones, and it does get hard to contact them if they are out in the wilderness!

But, for any location, see the coverage map for Nextel at their website. I put in the zip code that Pat has for his mailing address (perhaps not the right one?), and the Nextel site comes back with 'no Nextel service'. The *map* for Independence, Kansas, shows absolutely nothing around that area (Route 75, etc.).

Here's the KS coverage map:

formatting link
MO, is fine, but that area of KS has no (Nextel) coverage at all.

To check an area for Nextel coverage:

formatting link

Lee Sweet Datatel, Inc. Manager of Telephony Services and Information Security How higher education does business.

Voice: 703-968-4661 Cell: 703-932-9425 Fax: 703-968-4625 snipped-for-privacy@datatel.com

formatting link

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Well, Independence _Missouri_ is no where close to the same name in Kansas. The former is a Missouri suburb of Kansas City, Missouri, the place where we in the southeastern rural part of the state refer to as 'Cupcake Land'. The Mission Hills, Overland Park and other (ooh, ick!) Johnson County, Kansas suburbs of KCMO. Mission Hills/Overland Park is the home base of millionaires like the executives of Sprint and Boeing and other telcos. Mostly insane people, IMO. I get so sick and tired, when I tell people I live in Kansas they reply "oh, Kansas City". I have to say no, dammit, _Kansas_. PAT]
Reply to
Lee Sweet
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.