Re: Microwave Fading 6 Gig

Hi Folks:

> I wrote a qbasic program that scans 4 Alcatel radios. It also > pages me on problems. I was called almost 10 times around 1:30AM this > morning (6/9/05) and again around 4:00AM even more times! My heel are > draggin'. Anyway, this has been going on for the last few days. > These are not stormy evenings, or even windy. In the plots this > program makes, I see signals dropping, or maybe it's noise level > increasing, enough to break microwave paths. This is 6gig stuff ... The > 4 radios at this site point in different directions, and the radios > almost go wacky the same time, but not exactly. For a half hour, the > signal on one radio faded to almost break while the others were doing > OK. Sometimes the two receivers on one radio will fade together, > sometimes not. (diversity) I've associated some of these to mag > storms, but most are weather related. However, these last few days > have been pretty stable. > Could it be temperature inversions at 1:30 in the morning doing this?

It is possible. 6GHz is millimeter radio, and water vapor does a number on that.

Reply to
Tony P.
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.