Re: Lingo Phone Can't Port Number

Their web site has an email address to use for number transfer issues, so I sent them an email.

I will be surprised if they respond because they never responded to emails I sent with questions before signing up. I will try them on the phone.

Vonage was able to transfer my neighbor's number from the same local phone company.

An update: I just spoke to Lingo. The CSR was very nice and professional.

He said my local phone number is "outside the Lingo service area, and can not be ported at this time." I live in Wake Forest, a suburb of Raleigh, NC, not some backwoods location.

He had no indication when it might be in their service area.

I told hime that if they could port my number I would prefer to stay with them even though they do not answer emails and also inspite of their unwillingness to disclose portability of my number prior to signing up for service.

He said I would need to call their Cancellation Number Mon. - Fri. in order to arrange to return my box and get a refund.

So, looks like I will be doing that and going with Vonage.

I really hate it because Lingo includes Western Europe.

Rik Rasmussen Radio Systems Manager City/County of Durham, NC

919-560-4175 x 244 919-560-4400 fax
formatting link
[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: But this 'neighbor' of yours: Is he also in Wake Forest, or Durham, or Raleigh, or Research Triangle, or where? Didn't you say neighbor was on the same phone exchange? PAT]
Reply to
Rik Rasmussen
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.