Re: Judge Hits Vonage With Injuction; Stop Using Verizon Technology

A federal judge dealt a blow to Vonage Holdings Corp. that sent its

> stock reeling on Friday, when he agreed to bar the company from > using Internet phone call technology patented by Verizon > Communications Inc. ... A jury on March 8 found Vonage had > infringed three patents owned by Verizon. ...

When Vonage hit the scene, a number of participants here were quite enthused about it. I am curious as to what they think of the current situation.

Also, could anyone explain -- in layman's terms -- what the three patents covered?

At the risk of offending some people, I am not sympathetic to Vonage. I felt they entered the market by low-balling the pricing and failing to provide 911 support. They had to make that up after the fact. Cutting corners is an easy way to break in to a market, but not necessarily a good one. Now they've been found guilty of stealing inventions. Well, gee, you steal someone else's R&D, it's easy to underprice them. They do all the work, you get all the benefits.

Reply to
hancock4
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.