Re: Judge Hits Vonage With Injuction; Stop Using Verizon Technology

>> From Cnet:

>> "The patents Vonage was found to have infringed deal with technologies >> involving connection of VoIP calls to the regular phone network, some >> features for implementing call-waiting and voice-mail services, and VoIP >> calls using Wi-Fi handsets." > So it's the connection method is it? Far as I can recall, switches of > all sizes have been IP aware for quite some time now. My Vonage line > is in essence a VoIP phone connected to a real switch. Verizon and > that damned jury doesn't seem to understand that part.

Have *you* read the patents in question? If not, how can you criticize their decision? You can't possibly know what the patents are really covering from the brief paragraph above.

Barry Margolin, snipped-for-privacy@alum.mit.edu Arlington, MA

*** PLEASE post questions in newsgroups, not directly to me *** *** PLEASE don't copy me on replies, I'll read them in the group ***
Reply to
Barry Margolin
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.