Re: It Happened Again

Again, today, Wednesday, late evening, spam rolled in so heavily here

> at massis, about 6 or 8 messages got lost in the shuffle...

Pat, you might want to try something like Spamassassin. It isn't perfect, but nothing is that doesn't find too many false positives. It has Baysian classifiers you might find useful (you can feed it gobs of spam and good mail, and it will do a good job of learning the differences), but I don't get enough spam through all the filters to have tried them. At least they should get rid of the Nigerian widows, unless they are also telecom freaks. There are other good tools as well, like Razor. Until you trust the tools, you can have them sort the flagged spam into a separate folder for manual examination.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: lcs.mit (which includes massis and others) has Spam Assassin installed; as a user I have an .rc file for local diddling as desired. I do get a separate folder full of spam daily, and I have the score level on Spam Assassin set quite low which no doubt catches much of the spam , but the 'regular' mail box (allegedly the non-spam stuff) is now also mostly spam to the extent of about 85 percent of it, two or three hundred items of mail in the regular box each day which I _must_ manually sort in order to keep the genuinely good stuff. PAT]
Reply to
John McHarry
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.