Spam Hits Us Hard Today - Message Losses

Ordinarily either Lisa Minter or myself get in here and flush the spam queue a few times daily. Then we go through the 'regular' file of 'good' incoming mail and sort through it, since about 80-90 percent of the stuff in the 'good' mail file is also spam which managed to not trip the Spam Assassin rules. Then we move the 'good' stuff into a protected area where it is stored until the next issue comes out. But from the last issue of the Digest on Wednesday through the present time, neither of us came in to do the usual flush, consequently there were several hundred spams in the so- called 'good' file today. And in the middle of them, here and there, the legitimate emails. Unfortunatly, the good stuff got flushed with the volumes of spam today by accident. What you see in this issue is _all we have left_ of the good stuff. If you wrote to the Digest anytime since Wednesday night; you got an autoack and _do not_ see your email in this issue, then please resubmit it.

There *has to be* a better way of sorting out the spam. I have the trigger set now at 2 (according to Spam Assassin, 5 is average for most users), but I just do not feel I can go any lower than 2; there is too much stuff otherwise hitting the spam bucket; I use the very old 'mail' from 1993 with Unix here; I wish there were someway to see entire screens full of stuff and be able to dismiss it with a single keystroke instead of the 3-4 keystrokes needed at present. Anyway, if your message from (probably during the day) Thursday is not shown here, then sorry, I don't have it. Resubmit it please.

Patrick Townson

Reply to
TELECOM Digest Editor
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.