Re: I Want to Pay For Basic Service and Extras Separately as Needed

I would like to pay for a basic service ideally as part of a family plan

> and if my son needs long distance, internet, or any other service, he would > have to pay for it himself upfront.

That seems contradictory. "Basic service" is something that would be offered on a "a la carte" basis, while a "family plan" is a bundled service that offers a discount. Generally speaking, when something is bundled, you cannot break it down into pieces.

I would guess that if you want your son to pay for his services, he would have to get his own independent account.

When I was young I had the choice of going onto my parent's account, or, getting my own account which would require an advance deposit since I had no credit history. I chose my own account, despite the deposit requirement, since I didn't want my parents to see my phone bill. They felt my toll charges were too high, but I felt it was my money and my college friends and dates. In this way I wrote out my own check completely independently from them. I recommend that method.

Reply to
hancock4
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.