Re: Companies Want _US_ to Pay For Their Mistakes

I called my credit card carrier to check my balance. Instead of

> getting the automated answer, I was connected right through to a real > person. > He tried hard to pitch me with credit card insurance costing $100.

That's beautiful! The law sets your maximum liability for credit card fraud at $50, and that's only if fraud occurs. Paying $100/year whether or not fraud occurs is brilliant!

ABC News, when reporting on the recent multiple credit card > information thefts, also mentioned the availability of consumer > insurance to protect against ID theft. They said it took a victim 600 > hours of time to correct everything and the insurance would cover lost > wages.

Would cover lost wages 'eh? Maybe the $100/year is worth it then; I'd sure spend a lot more then 600 hours if they were paying my salary in the process.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I think they are a little too tricky to fall for that, however. They _might_ pay for one or two hours of your time -- maybe -- but I imagine they would tie it in with getting some statement from your employer about time off the job. They are not going to just send you a couple of regular payroll checks however. And if you took time off from work to cure this 'fraud' was it a situation you could not have accomplished during regular off hours from work? PAT]
Reply to
DevilsPGD
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.