Re: Home PBX and VoIP Tie-in

Soren Rathje responded to me:

Lee Sweet wrote:
[snip]
Now, what I want to do is have all outbound LD calls go out on the > Vonage line automatically. Right now, I have a separate cordless > ph The short answer is: Asterisk
formatting link
> 88 > and Lee Sweet adds: > You took the words out of my about-to-reply mouth, and thanks for the > added sourceforge info! Last night I google'd "home pbx" and > Asterisk and Digium were near the top. By purchasing one FXS > (station) and one FXO (telco analog line) card for a PC, I figure I > can do all I want.

Sounds great from what I've read, and this week I'll download the tarball and look at the docs.

Thanks for the second opinion!

(And, for PAT's response re PBXtra, it could *almost* do what I want, but I need CLID info, and that's not there.)

Lee Sweet Datatel, Inc. Manager of Telephony Services and Information Security How higher education does business Voice: 703.968.4661 Fax: 703.968.4625 Cell: 703.932.9425 snipped-for-privacy@datatel.com

formatting link

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: The way I get Caller-ID was by first suspending the DISA (the PBXtra was otherwise grabbing calls on the first half-ring and providing its own ringing tone meaning caller-ID never had a chance to get transmitted (between first and second rings). You suspend DISA by using program code 508000 and another string of numbers, then 'saving' the program code with 50911. Henceforth the line(s) just ring until they get answered. To get the caller-ID I tapped both incoming lines (Prairie Stream and Vonage) into an AT&T two-line splitter and sent the output to the (1) single caller-ID display unit and (2) a common audible or 'side ringer'. By suspending the DISA (thus preventing the PBXtra from doing 'call supervision' it also permits me to use my _own_ answering machine/voicemail (which cuts in after a reasonable number of rings) rather than having PBXtra grab the incoming call on the first ring and processing it itself and the two CO's (Vonage and Prairie Stream) thinking the call was answered. PAT]
Reply to
Lee Sweet
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.