voip-installation

hello, i am going to migrate my telephony to voip - at the moment i am using standard isdn. therefor i am looking for a voip-gateway, which enables me to plug-in standard analogue telephones. on my search for such gateways i only found devices integrating a router. but for routing-purposes i want to use my wrt54g furthermore...

is that possible without problems? can you recommend any hardware?

thanks a lot, with friendly regards,

Reply to
Andre Gronwald
Loading thread data ...

Andre Gronwald wrote in news:38mlerF5s9vqvU1 @individual.net:

Hmmm not sure if this will help you, but check

formatting link
They have several devices which integrates Analog telephony into a VoIP network.

Reply to
Lucas Tam

How many phones..? Which VoIP service..? For one or two phones in a domestic or small business environment, take a look at

formatting link

I use the SPA-2000 unit which has two analogue ports and works very well.

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

Andre, you may want to look into

formatting link
. I just subscribed to their service and installed their DTA310 adapter to attach my analogue phones to my Belkin WiFi access point/router and not only did it practically install itself, it works flawlessly. The DTA310 plugs into any Ethernet router port on one site and a RJ11 phone jack on the other. The service itself is a real bargain at $19.95/mo. I decided to buy a Vtech expandable cordless phone set to take advantage of all the new free features of Packet8 and all get along famously with my 802.11g WiFi network. Cheers, Wizzzer

Reply to
Wiz-z-z

Andre Gronwald ha scritto:

Mediatrix

formatting link

Reply to
Sergio Meinardi

2 phones at the moment, they are connected to a telephone-system (t-concept xi-521)

sipura is known by me, i read something of their products. the 3000 seems to support the telephone-system. do you know something about that?

with kindly regards,

Reply to
Andre Gronwald

well, i am living in germany, i guess i won't be able to use this service...

Reply to
Andre Gronwald

If you're in Germany, take a look at Sipgate - they are based in Dusseldorf. Their German site is

formatting link
I've been using their UK service for a few months now and I am very impressed.

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

Ok, well I don't know the Sipura 3000 you mentioned personally, but looking at it on the website I see it only has a single phone port, whereas the 2000 that I have has two. If a single port is sufficient for you then go ahead, but I'd prefer the flexibility of adding a second phone without buying a second device..!

The 3000 does have additional features like automatic call routing but I don't have a need for this.

All the best,

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

The newer MediaTrix VoIP ATA does IP Passthrough out of the box so may be closer to what you're looking for. It will pass your public IP back to the router and continue to chug on like a champ on the VoIP side of things. Keep in mind that any device you find, so long as it's in front of your Linksys, is going to take priority over port 5060 and whichever RTP ports are being used to send the voice data. Other than that, if you can find a similar device that will strictly passthrough the public IP then I think you might achieve what you want.

Reply to
sTj

i have already an account at sipgate, it looks very fine. that is the cause why i need hardware for using voip efficiently...

Reply to
Andre Gronwald

Reply to
Andre Gronwald

In the 3000 one FXS port is replaced by an FXO port, so that the device can work as VoIP PSTN gateway. For more details see

formatting link
and the user guide at
formatting link
(which also covers the 2000 and other models).

Enzo

Reply to
Enzo Michelangeli

you are totally right! thx for your answer!

Reply to
Andre Gronwald

These items move very quickly!

they are here now!

formatting link

formatting link
e=STRK:MESE:IT

formatting link
> e=STRK:MESE:IT

formatting link
> > e=STRK:MESE:IT

Reply to
Marc H.Popek

I live in McAllen, Texas, USA. Vonage and Lingo cannot yet offer a local toll free number, so it was important that my SBC number be ported. Packet8 could not only port my SBC number, but they offered a local temparary number that could be called from the McAllen area toll free. I ruled out RoadRunner (Time Warner Cable) by price alone ($39.95/month).

I signed up with Packet8 on March 7, 2005 at $19.95/month. I faxed my application to have my SBC number ported to my Packet8 account on March

8, 2005. I received my Packet8 device, hooked it up, and activated it on March 17, 2005. My old SBC phone number was ported on April 8, 2005. The transfer was almost seamless (a phone call to Packet8) when my SBC service was terminated.

So far, everything seems to be working as advertised. Call forwarding, Call waiting, Caller ID, Voicemail, Etc. Also, my use history is available on the Packet8 site and is impacted within 10 seconds of my hanging up the phone.

Quality of the voice is as good as my experience with SBC. I wear hearing aids and voice quality is important.

So far, so good. Time will tell..

Reply to
John Harper

Reply to
Mitel Lurker <wdg

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 19:47:10 -0500, Mitel Lurker And tell us please, what happens if you need to dial 9-1-1 ??

You can opt to subscribe to Packet8's E-911 service. $3/month.

Carl Navarro

Reply to
Carl Navarro

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.