Re: Credit Reports, was Re: AT&T Customers Taken Over By Alltel

Yes Steve, it is my understanding that this is a Federal Law.

Then Steve came back with:

Ahh, ok. The unconditional you-get-one-free-report-per-year law is new, > though. The law that's been in effect for years is "you're entitled to a > free report at any time if you've been denied credit or employment > within the last thirty days, based on your credit report." I assume > that's the law that you just referred to?

No Steve I am not talking about that one, though I do know about it. Back in 1986 I was the Training Sergeant for a US Army Communications unit on Okinawa, Japan. I would receive the Army Times and other publications which I reviewed for training subjects for my unit. In one issue of the Army Time there was a article about the credit reporting company TRW. In it they talked about how many military personnel would have credit issues due to deployment. It also stated that all "Credit Reporting Companies" were required to provide, upon written request, copies of your credit report (address was provided for TRW). I then sat down and requested a copy to see if it worked. About 6 weeks later I did receive a copy and saw that only the credit I had requested was posted and that I was in good standing. I wanted to have a training session on this but the guy I worked for didn't like it. Wasn't military enough for him so I copied it and sent it out to the read files for each department in my unit. Now I don't remember if it was stated that this was a Federal or not but was someone's law that I was able to use.

Chip Cryderman

Reply to
Charles Cryderman
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.