Re: Credit Reports, was Re: AT&T Customers Taken Over By Alltel

reporting company TRW. In it they talked about how many military

> personnel would have credit issues due to deployment. It also stated > that all "Credit Reporting Companies" were required to provide, upon > written request, copies of your credit report (address was provided > for TRW). I then sat down and requested a copy to see if it > worked. About 6 weeks later I did receive a copy and saw that only the > credit I had requested was posted and that I was in good standing. I

Maybe you got special consideration as a soldier. Perhaps enlisted men and women got a special deal because it wouldn't be easy for them to deal with credit issues overseas ... But as far as I know, the rest of us were not entitled to any free reports unless we were denied credit or employment (as I posted earlier) or if there was a state law specifying we were not to be charged. There have been some state laws on the books prior to this past year.

Steve Sobol, Professional Geek 888-480-4638 PGP: 0xE3AE35ED Company website:

formatting link
blog, resume, portfolio:
formatting link
snipped-for-privacy@JustThe.net Snail: 22674 Motnocab Road, Apple Valley, CA 92307

Reply to
Steve Sobol
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.