Re: Classic Telephone Call on PC

Thanks for answering. Now I`m a bit released. I just thought, only I don`t see the solution.

But why is it working on VoIp so easily?

My problem is to connect my international calls via VoIp to local calls from people don`t have ADSL so that these people can talk together. Here in Mauritius not many people can afford ADSL and is much more expensive than in the States or in Europe.

I thought, the realisation of this idea must be much easier ...

But thanks anyway I will continue to look for a possibility, maybe I can at least manage to weld the Phone-cable to my headset ... like in the old times with accoustic coupler ... or switch to Linux.

Regards,

Gerry Mauritius

T. Sean Weintz schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@telecom-digest.org:

I've never seen a program that will do what you are trying to do. > What would have to happen is the computers sound card would have to > record your voice on the sound cards microphone, digitize it, and then > play it back out the modem. To do that, you need a modem that shows up > as a multimedia device under windows (most don't) and of course you also > need software to actually do what I describe above. I have never seen > such. > Plenty of software will DIAL for you, but then expects that once the > call is made you will pick up the call on a plain old handset plugged > into the passthru port on your modem.
Reply to
Gerhard Nowak
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.