Re: Cannot Cancel My AT&T Service After Moving to Vonage

Followup with Public Utilities Commission AND go on to the FCC web site and file a compaint about AT&T.

I did both and heard back from AT&T > Anyone know how I can get AT&T to cancel long distance service to my

home number? We moved our home number to Vonage from Qwest with AT&T > long distance service. > Qwest cancelled the service promptly and even gave us a refund. AT&T > refuses to cancel the long distance service. They maintain the > cancellation must be done through Qwest. Qwest says the notification > has been sent to AT&T. A Qwest representative said she had heard of > several instances where AT&T will not cancel long distance service of > numbers moved over to VOIP. > Any ideas? > Thanks. > [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Is this a situation where AT&T is > charging you some monthly fee for 'handling' your account? If not, > and you are just billed for calls you actually make then it does > not matter. Just ignore it; let them call you a 'customer' if they > wish, since there are no calls being made via AT&T, the account > will always have a zero balance. Now if AT&T is charging some sort > of monthly fee, then a letter sent registered to the company should > help. For example, one side of SBC _still_ persists in referring to > me as a 'customer' while another part of the company is trying to > win me back (with all sorts of outrageous deals these days, free > service, etc). PAT]
Reply to
Rick M
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.