Re: Cannot Cancel My AT&T Service After Moving to Vonage

They are charging us a monthly fee that amounts to $8 a month with

> taxes. I did send a registered letter to AT&T legal department and got > a simple form letter that told me to contact Qwest.
[ snip of the usuals problems ]

Once again, in most states sending off a letter to the public service//utilities commission (and it never hurts to add the AG) gets results for straightforward and (relatively low cost) matters like this.

I personally did, in fact, do this with AT&T service here in NYC. About a week after I dropped my letter in the mail box I got back a standard form letter from the PSC in ALbany, NY, and a couple of days later I got a "we've fixed it" note from AT&T. Which they did.

(Other people have reported to me similar effectiveness courrtesy of web-page writeups, but I prefer paper. This gives me my own hard copy to refer to).

Note that this was a couple of years ago prior to the latest rounds of corporate shuffles, but the process should probably still work. Again, that's _most_ states. Some are pretty useless.

_____________________________________________________ Knowledge may be power, but communications is the key snipped-for-privacy@panix.com [to foil spammers, my address has been double rot-13 encoded]

Reply to
Danny Burstein
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.