Re: Can You Hook Home Alarm System With Vonage Service?

Is it possible to hook up my Vonage to the home alarm system service

> (Brinks Security)? Or do I still need to get an analog phone line from > Southwestern Bell? Thanks. > [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: It _should_ be possible, but bear in > mind one thing burglars sometimes do is cut the electrical wire to > your house; that would as a result cut off your computer's electrical > supply, and kill your Vonage phone. Some alarm companies also have a > method of dealing not only with a call _into_ them, but also a way of > telling when their device has been _disconnected_ from the phone > line. I am not sure how well that would work when using Vonage, so you > might want to have the Brinks representative there to look at it > also. PAT]

Two things.

1) Put a UPS in front of the Vonage router. This will provide power when the perpetrator cuts the line, though I will say that most thieves are too stupid to know how to cut the power these days. 2) When you set up the dial string, include the # sign at the end to tell Vonage that you've stopped dialing and to put the call through.
Reply to
Tony P.
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.