Re: Lingo (Primus Telecommunications) Horror Story

Here's my VOIP phone story:

> I signed up for Lingo on August 13, 2004. They've never sent me > equipment and they've never let me quit. > Today, I received a letter saying I've got 10 days to pay Primus > Any suggestions? Do I call a lawyer or the local television station > to be interviewed? > What would you do if you were in my situation?

Many states have consumer protection laws aimed at such practices. For example, in Massachusetts, the statue is Mass General Laws Ch 93A. Under this law, if somebody sends you a bill for something you don't owe, you can send them a demand letter explaining why you don't owe the claimed amount and give 30 days for them to repond. If they don't respond in 30 days, you are entitled to treble damages. Letters like this can get a company's attention very quickly. Send it to the top officer at the top office, and send it certified, return receipt. Check the laws in your state, and possibly look for other examples to learn how to proceed. Of course send your complaint to the attorney general's office, consumer protection office, etc. for good measure.

Reply to
Ginger Holiday
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.