Re: Can CAT6 Cable Share Phone/100Mbit Ethernet?

I currently have a CAT6 cable running from my hub to jack behind my

> tv. Actually, there is an 8-pin jack by the hub and then one by the > tv with the CAT6 cable connecting the two. This allows me to have an > Ethernet connection behind the tv. > I am only using 100MBit and do not have a need to do Gigabit Ethernet > in this configuration. > What I would like to do is use the existing cable and have a phone > line run out behind the tv. I do not believe all 8 wires are used in > 100 MBit Ethernet. > If this is technically doable, is there a "splitter" of shorts where I > can take the two 8-pin jacks I already have and split it into a phone > jack and then an Ethernet jack? Does Radio Shack or anyone sell > something like this? > I am willing to rewire it myself if needed. Any pointers or web sites > that discuss this? I searched around and found some things that might > help but nothing that directly describes how to do what I want to do.

I guess the phrase UTP PORT DOUBLER works.

Try this link:

formatting link
About $10.00 each.

Carl Navarro

Reply to
Carl Navarro
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.