Re: Campus Fax Finder

I have a project to determine all of the fax machines on our 4000 line

> campus. I would like to find a software package that I can configure > with our telephone extentions and dial each one and have it record the > numbers that receive a fax tone ?? Any ideas ? > [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Are you certain that your only purpose > with this is to 'check out' the fax machines under the supervision of > the person(s) who employ you (for this purpose)? In other words, such > a program, if one exists, would have no reason to stop at 4000 lines; > it might as well check for fax machines all over the country, and we > have had some unfavorable reports here of that happening a lot; that > is, phone rings, someone answers, dead silence because the caller was > only looking for fax machines, etc. PAT]

Well I am only interested in the phone extentions on our internal phone switch, I could care less about the fax machines that are located throughout the country. In the process of replacing an aged G3 switch and VOIP is an option, but as you know, I still need to carry analog signals for fax/datacom.

Reply to
Lanman
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.