Re: Blackboards vs. Whiteboards

snipped-for-privacy@bbs.cpcn.com wrote:

>> I heard my school district will modernize and replace the classic >> "blackboard" (or greenboard) with modern 'whiteboards'. I can't help >> but wonder if this is a dumb idea. > I remember elementary Catholic school, 20 years ago, where white > shirts, and black pants was the uniform of the day, so when come the > last class on Friday, stealing what ever chalk was left on the board, > was the thing to do. > We had "chicken fights" on the walk home, where one guy on the back of > another would try and do as much damage as he could. > The white chalk would wash out no problems, so mom wasn't mad. > Egoism, bumps and bruises ... > That and being bad that day in class and you could be penalized by > having to say after and "clap the erasers", which meant you'd miss the > fights.

Can you honestly tell me you guys never chalked a nun/priest/brother? That was a favorite trick -- just run up and pat em' on the back with a well used eraser.

Reply to
Tony P.
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.