Re: Best Way to Answer a Business Phone?

Many companies today answer their phone with a long winded answer.

> As a customer, I find it annoying and distracting. Which do you > think is best? > a) "Jones & Co." > b) "Good morning, Jones & Co." > c) "Thank you for calling Jones & Co, this is John Smith speaking, > how may I direct your call?" > d) "Thank you for calling Jones & Co, this is John Smith speaking, > how may I give you the best customer service ever today?" > While waiting in line at the video store, the clerk had to answer > the phone with D. To me, that was a waste of time, especially when > other customers are waiting.
[public replies, please]

I concur with the group that D is totally smarmy. The one you missed that annoys me the most is answering the phone with a question.

"Thanks for calling the help(less) line, this is Fred. May I have your account number ?"

If you give them a number they'll respond with the other 10 data fields on their computer screen then finally ask, "How can I help you?".

Then there's the "Green, Pink, Yellow" variation. "The phone goes

*Green, Green, Green* ... so I *Pink" up the handset and say ... *Yellow* this is Mujibar!!

Pete Romfh, Telecom Geek & Amateur Gourmet.

formatting link
(at) hal-pc (dot) org

Reply to
Pete Romfh
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.