Re: Best Way to Answer a Business Phone?

Many companies today answer their phone with a long winded answer.

> As a customer, I find it annoying and distracting. Which do you think > is best? > a) "Jones & Co. > b) "Good morning, Jones & Co." > c) "Thank you for calling Jones & Co, this is John Smith speaking, how > may I direct your call?" > d) "Thank you for calling Jones & Co, this is John Smith speaking, how > may I give you the best customer service ever today?" > In my opinion b) is the most civil substituting morning, afternoon or > evening.

A seems too abrupt to me.

I agree with you that C and D are a waste of breath and are somewhat annoying. C would be fine if the call is being answered by a switchboard operator who only directs calls. John Smith speaking is totally unncessary.

D is *very* annoying. I don't want an advertisement when I call a business. I want them to just help me with whatever my need is.

While waiting in line at the video store, the clerk had to answer the > phone with D. To me, that was a waste of time, especially when other > customers are waiting.

I've made it my policy that if I'm waiting in line to be served and the sales clerk thinks it's *more* important to take a telephone interruption than to serve me I'll put down my purchase and walk out of that store. Telephone customers do not have any more clout than customers who are in front of you.

Reply to
Mr Joseph Singer
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.