Re: Bellsouth Keeps Calling

Bellsouth seems to call me daily. They sound like voices from the

> West Indies. I keep saying no and hanging up, and they keep calling. > I suppose it's to pay for this service that my phone bill has doubled > in ten years.
  1. Are you on the National and State Do Not Call Lists? If you are, tell them, note the time of the call, and report them. I'm sure that there are other legal things you can do.
  2. Use the word harrassment in the conversation, like "I consider this harrasment." That means the next call is aggravated harrassment, a completely different charge.
  3. Call BellSouth directly. Speak to a customer service rep and tell them all this.
  4. Email the president of BellSouth. He won't see it, but the staff person who does see it may do something about it.
  5. Call your state Public Utility Commision to do something about it. They usually make the utilities sit up and take notice.
  6. Just say No. Repeatedly. Everytime they call. And hang up. Don't talk to them, don't let them waste your time. Do you read your spam email, or do you delete it before you even open it? Try these people like spam. Sing them the Spam song from Monty Python. Ask them inane questions. Ask them what they're wearing(!). Tell them about your cat/dog/child/mother. Tell them about your medication or medical condition. Its your phone, it is there for your convenience.

I was recently bothered by a company wanting me to renew my subscription to a magazine that I had chosen not to renew. I kept saying that I chose not to renew the subscription. On the 6th call I told the woman that I was not mad at her personally, but if I got one more call from her organization I would file charges for aggravated harrassment, and that she should tell her manager. I have not heard from them since.

Reply to
davidesan
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.